Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Soul Sister

Hey soul sister we never made it to the beaches of Hawaii. I can picture us there with our feet in the sand looking at the blue ocean. Soaking up the atmosphere and , yep , talking about our children. I never made it to your Blue Mountain to camp with you and ride four wheelers with you so I could feel the peace and tranquility you felt when you were in the mountains. But in my mind I can see the trees and smell the flowers.
Remember the fist time I drove you to Phoenix . I did not understand Randy telling us not to pull a Thelma and Louise until we came to the crossroad and the sign in front of us had Grand Canyon to the right and Phoenix to the left. We laughed as we joked about going to the Grand Canyon, yep , we could see ourselves doing is. We both had memories of Ducket Draw. Dad shooting the skunk in the porch , Dad climbing down that old well on the hilltop and we were scared we would never see him him again and then he popped up holding a old lantern. Yes I think we still have that in moms belongings but I'm not sure. We laughed as we shared the memory of our little brother standing in his crib shaking the heck out of it, remembering the the witch picture you colored hanging on the wall behind him.Laughing about me throwing my socks down the hole in the wall to the imaginary people who lived below. I remember hiding in the grass with Jim watching you drive the grey Ford tractor in the corral . Oh how you loved that tractor.
We talked about our memories of the Olathe and Montose reservoirs. I can still see and hear the skunk cabbage break as we broke trail to the lakes edge , and that fateful day when I tripped and and caught Aunt Eula's fish line and pulled the hook into her finger. End of that fishing day! Remember fishing at Eggleston Lake with Grandpa Rowan and Uncle Charlie yelling at us kids to be quite because we were scaring all the fish .Then Grandpa would take his chair and move way down the shore line. But they always took us fishing. I could go on forever...I will miss you so much dear sister...I will see you later...Kerri Ann...

No comments:

Post a Comment